by Patricia Aiken
The White House press secretary’s announcement that President Donald Trump gave Oregon ranching father and son Dwight and Steven Hammond a full pardon on July 10th was met with the usual “mainstream” media misinformation.
The Harney County ranchers had been in federal prison in Long Beach, California since January of 2015. Their outrageous re-sentencing occurred after already serving three months and 12 months respectively for a back fire they set on land to which they owned the grazing rights. That back fire was successful in putting out a fire that was later revealed to have been deliberately set by agents of the Bureau of Land (Mis)Management (BLM) that threatened the Hammond’s winter grazing and home.
The trial jury in this particular kangaroo court was not allowed to hear why the fire was set. They were instructed to find the Hammonds guilty only if a fire had been set. Using a statute that was intended for terrorists, the original judge refused to issue the minimum mandatory sentence of five years. The Hammonds were ordered to pay $400,000 in fines or be forced to sell their ranch to the BLM. The land grabbers were shocked when $200,000 of the fine was raised and immediately arranged to have the ranchers re-sentenced for the full five years.
What’s so important about the Hammond Ranch? Ask Hillary Clinton and her pals at Uranium One. Private property rights are openly scorned by government agents and the first plank of the Communist Manifesto – the abolishment of private property — has become a de facto law.
This heinous injustice drew the attention of Ammon and Ryan Bundy, sons of Cliven Bundy of Bunkerville, Nevada fame, which led to the takeover of the Malheur Refuge in Oregon and the cold-blooded murder of LaVoy Finicum by government agents. Of course, the corporate media and much of the controlled-op alternative media aren’t getting the facts straight. However, when a conservative organization cheers this pardon as being “justice achieved,” it gives one pause.
As thrilled as people are that the Hammonds have come home, no justice has been achieved. For any real justice several things must happen:
• The Hammonds must be paid back the money they were extorted to pay that has unjustly enriched the BLM.
• They must be compensated for the years they have wasted behind bars.
• The BLM and other government agents must be prosecuted for their crimes against the Hammonds.
• The federal prosecutors involved in the case should be disbarred for their flagrant abuse of the Hammonds’ property rights and the conspiracy against them.
• The men from the second Malheur trial that are in prison must be released and their records cleared.
• The order givers for the kill zone where LaVoy Finicum was gunned down while his hands were in the air must be arrested and brought to trial. Instead, one lone cop is being scapegoated. Those orders came directly from the Obama White House and the Oregon governor’s mansion.
To quote economist and libertarian Murray Rothbard, “The state is really nothing more than that group of people who have been given the right to have a monopoly on the initiation of force to achieve their goals.” Horrifyingly, the real terrorism of the government is so widespread, it would take several volumes to examine even the tip of the iceberg. Welcome home Dwight and Steven Hammond. Can we now get some real criminals behind bars? Let’s start with the Clinton Foundation.
Read the rest of this article and all Nationalist Times articles by subscribing to America’s best political newspaper: http://www.americanfreedomunion.com/subscribe/
Or subscribe by snail mail for the ridiculously low price of just $19! That’s less than one-third the regular subscription rate! Or subscribe for two years for just $37. Send your subscription (check, money order or cash) to: The Nationalist Times, P.O. Box 281, Wildwood, PA 15091.
This great offer is for new subscribers only; it is not a renewal rate for current subscribers.